Placenta encapsulation is the process of dehydrating and grinding the placenta into a fine powder, which is then put into little capsules. The postpartum client then consumes these capsules in a prescribed protocol.
The placenta is an organ full of nutrients that nourished the baby in utero. In theory, these nutrients can greatly benefit the mother after the birth. However, it is important to note that not many medical studies have been done to support this claim. Until there is more evidence on this topic, the listed benefits of ingesting placenta is based on traditional medicine and anecdotes.
- Cortisone: combats stress and is energy boosting
- Gammaglobulin: immune booster
- Hemoglobin: replenishes iron
- Interferon: stimulates the immune system
- Oxytocin: facilitates bonding of mother and infant
- Prostaglandins: anti-inflammatory
- TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone): boosts energy and helps recovery from stress
- Urokinase inhibiting factor and factor XIII: stops bleeding and enhances wound healing
Placenta capsules contain the hormones that sustained the pregnancy. By taking small does of the placenta, it theoretically weans the body off the hormones in order to reduce the dramatic hormonal drop after birth. Those who have consumed their placenta report that it…
- Balances hormones and mood
- Boosts milk supply
- Increases energy
- Improves sleep
- Decreases postpartum hair loss
- Facilitates healing
$350 – Includes pick-up, encapsulation, and drop-off at your home
Disclaimer: It is the responsibility of the consumer for researching the risks and benefits of ingesting the placenta and for their belief of the placenta’s healing properties.